Governor Rick Perry, $ 10 million grant program was launched in November 2005 in order to improve the performance level of students and school employees to pay a higher than expected bonus. One hundred Texas schools have been invited to participate in the Governor educator, Award of Excellence program. So far, 98 accepted the invitation.
Texas schools have a high percentage of economically disadvantaged students. Achievement of students in each school or showed a very high level, marking students improve. Everyone has been rated as exemplary or recognized, the two leading academic evaluations school can be given to Texas school accountability system, and they showed a strong math and improve reading performance.
Each school may apply for a three – annual allocation is as follows:
• Schools with 449 or less – $ 60,000 in subsidies
• 450-699 students – $ 90,000 year plan
• 700-1199 students – $ 135,000 in subsidies, or
• 1200 students or more – $ 180,000 per year in grants.
In order to maintain eligibility to participate in the grant program schools Texas should be ranked academically acceptable or better. Referral bonus amount of $ 3,000 to $ 10,000 for individuals.
Each school should develop a customized incentive pay program for each school, as long as the teachers to participate in their development under the following guidelines:
75% of the grant funds must be used for classroom instruction, incentive compensation;
, Teachers should be adopted by Texas school districts spent an average of four hours a day in an academic environment, learning or vocational / technical teaching environment;
• Winners must improve student achievement and academic growth beyond expectations
• Performance should be determined using objective measures and measurable, such as local bents marking system, end – of – of course, tests and other assessment
The recipients • must work together with other teachers and staff, and to improve the overall performance of students in the school.
Coaches are not eligible for this program, but they also teach and qualify the classroom teacher’s guide.
Adjusted salary incentive plan must take into account the distribution of teachers in their efforts to – to – the staff, every region. The enthusiasm and commitment of teachers to improve student performance, the direct result can also be considered, such as tutoring students after school.
The use of the remaining 25% of the grant may include:
• Provide incentives to pay other school staff, to help improve student achievement,
• Provide teacher training,
• Support activities guidance
• Teacher training,
Signing bonuses for teachers – need subject areas,
• Activities to support common planning time and curriculum development,
• Proven program to recruit and retain teachers,
• Teachers to attend school or Saturday programs and the goal are to improve teaching and learning benefits.
While 12 percent of Texas school districts have some type of teacher pay incentive plan, which is the first national plan in the last 20 years. When Texas schools achieve excellent results, the perpetrators always a credit to their teachers and staff. Excellence Award Scheme The purpose of the governor is to say a very sincere “Thank you,” teachers and staff go the extra mile to help students succeed